Snack mix is such a fun way to celebrate a holiday, which is why I love this delicious Valentine’s Day snack mix so much! It’s filled with pretty Valentine’s day colors and a sweet and salty mix of yummy snacks.
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup peanut butter
- ¼ cup butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 4 ½ cups rice Chex
- 4 ½ cups corn Chex
- 1 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 25 mini pretzels
- Melting chocolate
- Pink decorating sugar
- Red chocolate candy
- Heart sprinkles
- Ice cream cones
For the Muddy Buddies:
- Add chocolate chips, peanut butter, and butter to a small, microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove from microwave and stir. Microwave again for 30 seconds. Stir in vanilla and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine rice and corn Chex.
- Pour chocolate mixture over Chex and stir until coated.
- Place half the mixture in a one-gallon bag and add ¾ cup powdered sugar. Shake to combine. Pour onto waxed paper to cool.
- Repeat with the other half of mixture and powdered sugar.
For the Chocolate Pretzel Hearts:
- Melt chocolate according to package instructions.
- Dip mini pretzels in the chocolate, making sure to cover the entire pretzel.
- Sprinkle pink decorating sugar on each pretzel.
- Allow to cool and set completely.
To Assemble Snack Mix:
- Fill each ice cream cone with 1/3 cup Muddy Buddy mix.
- Top with one chocolate covered pretzel heart.
- Add red chocolate candy.
- Sprinkle with heart sprinkles.