Teriyaki Chicken Puff Pastry Bites are a flavorful hot appetizer your guests are sure to love! This yummy appetizer is ready in less than 30 min!
- 17.3-ounce package of puff pastry, thawed
- 1 ½ cup cooked chicken, shredded
- ¼ cup of tamari
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- -optional 1 tablespoon sesame seeds-
- -optional 1 tablespoon fresh chives-
- In a saucepan heat, heat the tamari, brown sugar, ginger, and garlic over medium heat for 10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add ¼ sauce to chicken and mix until thoroughly coated.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On a lightly floured surface, unfold puff pastry sheet.
- With a floured rolling pin, roll the pastry out until less than a ¼ inch thick. And measures about 18” by 18”.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut diagonally to create 12 diamonds.
- In the center of each diamond-shaped pastry, poke with a fork or skewer in a circular shape.
- Repeat with second pastry sheet.
- Using a basting brush, brush sauce onto each diamond-shaped pastry. And place on baking sheet.
- Place a tablespoon of chicken into the center.
- Optional- Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Optional- Garnish with chives. Serve.