Surprisingly simple to make blackberry strudel, with your favorite summertime berries
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed but cold
- ½ cup blueberry or blackberry preserves
- 16 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, combined the egg and water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the blackberries. Add the sugar, flour, and vanilla and mix gently.
- On a floured work surface, unfold and place puff pastry.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll out puff pastry into a rectangle, about 12”x14”.
- Move pastry onto prepared baking sheet.
- In a small microwaveable dish, heat blackberry preserves for about 10 seconds.
- Spoon and spread preserves the long way down the middle of the pastry.
- Spoon blackberry mixture over the preserves, keeping in the center the long way.
- Along each long side, cut 3 inch long slits every inch .
- Starting at the top, begin folding the slits in, overlapping slightly downward, alternating sides, over the blackberry filling.
- Brush egg wash over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow pastry to cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg