A delicious summertime recipe and perfect for when blackberries are in season.
Click to PIN Fresh Blackberry Strudel!
- is delicious served warm with ice cream
- could be made with frozen blackberries (thawed out) when out of season
BLACKBERRIES ARE GREAT FOR YOU BECAUSE…
- they are rich in vitamins A, E, K, and B,
- as well as antioxidants lutein and zeaxanthin,
- plus minerals like copper, manganese, magnesium, potassium, pantothenic acid, pyridoxine, riboflavin, niacin, and folic acid
WHEN ARE BLACKBERRIES IN SEASON?
Blackberry season starts around the end of summer and the beginning of autumn. Head out and pick your own, Take a container and search out brambles near you, avoiding roadside or polluted spots.
MORE DELICIOUS DESSERT IDEAS
- 1 sheet of puff pastry, thawed but cold
- ½ cup blueberry or blackberry preserves
- 16 ounces fresh blackberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar + 2 tablespoons, divided
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, using a fork, combined the egg and water and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, add the blackberries. Add the sugar, flour, and vanilla and mix gently.
- On a floured work surface, unfold and place puff pastry.
- Using a floured rolling pin, roll out puff pastry into a rectangle, about 12”x14”.
- Move pastry onto prepared baking sheet.
- In a small microwaveable dish, heat blackberry preserves for about 10 seconds.
- Spoon and spread preserves the long way down the middle of the pastry.
- Spoon blackberry mixture over the preserves, keeping in the center the long way.
- Along each long side, cut 3 inch long slits every inch .
- Starting at the top, begin folding the slits in, overlapping slightly downward, alternating sides, over the blackberry filling.
- Brush egg wash over the top.
- Sprinkle remaining sugar on top.
- Bake for 21-23 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Allow pastry to cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking sheet before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Serving Size: 1 Slice
- Calories: 82
- Sugar: 11g
- Sodium: 16mg
- Fat: 2g
- Saturated Fat: 0g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Trans Fat: 0g
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 3g
- Protein: 2g
- Cholesterol: 19mg
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. If you are tracking these for medical purposes please consult an outside, trusted source. I highly recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you.
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use our recipe index page to find more recipes. You might also like to Follow Food For Fought on Pinterest to see all the recipes I’m sharing there.