These adorable Mini Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cream Cheese Danishes make a delightful Valentine’s Day dessert or snack.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 heaping tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/8 –1/4 cup flour (for work surface)
- 1 cup strawberries, diced
- 17.3-ounce package puff pastry, thawed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Prepare a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, vanilla, sugar, and cocoa until light and fluffy.
- Flour work surface and unfold the puff pastry.
- Using your fingertips, gently seal the creased lines; use a rolling pin, carefully, if necessary.
- Use a 3” cookie cutter to cut out 9 hearts.
- Repeat steps 4-6 with the remaining sheet of puff pastry.
- Place hearts onto the baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife, gently score a heart shape about ¼ inch inside each puff pastry heart.
- Using a fork, poke inside each of the hearts twice.
- In a small bowl, mix together egg and water until combined.
- Brush the border of each heart with egg mixture.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the oven. Using a fork, poke the inside heart around the border.
- Spread cream cheese mixture into each heart, keeping inside the border (Use a piping bag for less mess.)
- Place some diced strawberries onto each pastry.
- Bake for 4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes.
- Melt chocolate chips and drizzle over danishes.