Best Ever Cherry Muffins – The only recipe you will ever need. Moist, full of flavor and so easy to make!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cups plus 2 Tablespoons white sugar *
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup oil of choice
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cherries, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400F
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- Stir together the flour, 3/4 cups sugar, baking powder, and salt until well combined.
- Add in the oil, milk, and egg. Stir together until well combined – do not worry about the occasional lump or small dry patch if it looks mostly uniform.
- Gently fold in the cherries, and then scoop into cupcake liners – 2/3 of the way full.
- Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon of sugar on top of each muffin for a crunchy topping.
- Bake for 20-24 minutes until golden brown and an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- * Top these with Demerara sugar instead of normal white sugar. Why? Because Demerara is a really chunky sugar and it will give you that delicious, sweet crunch on the top.
- Nutritional info is an estimate
- Category: Muffin
- Serving Size: 1 Muffin
- Calories: 180
- Sugar: 15g
- Sodium: 300mg
- Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 0.5g
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: <1g
- Protein: 3g
- Cholesterol: 20mg