Best bacon, broccoli and cheese casserole ever. Broccoli florets, blanched and baked with bacon and cheddar cheese in cream, and eggs and spiced with herbs and black pepper.
Page has affiliate links. Read the disclosure policy
AN EASY BROCCOLI CASSEROLE THAT TASTES DELICIOUS
The ingredients? Broccoli of course, then bacon, heavy cream, eggs, sharp cheddar cheese, a little onion & garlic powder, some herbs, and salt & pepper.
The tricks to this broccoli, bacon and cheese casserole are;
- Pre-cook the broccoli florets a bit so they cook up tender in the casserole.
- Use bacon because bacon makes everything taste better.
LOOKING FOR MORE IDEAS FOR BREAKFAST?Print
Broccoli florets, blanched and baked with bacon and cheddar cheese in cream, and eggs and spiced with herbs and black pepper.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups broccoli florets
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 cup sharp cheddar or Colby Jack cheese, shredded
- 6 slices thick-cut bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 4 large eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Pre-heat oven to 350°F and spray an 8” x 8” casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick sauté pan over medium heat. Add the broccoli and water and cook for 2-3 minutes, or just until the broccoli softens slightly and turns bright green.
- Remove from heat and transfer broccoli to the prepared casserole dish and spread into a uniform layer. Top with shredded cheese and crumbled bacon and side aside.
- Whisk the eggs with the heavy cream, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and black pepper, as desired. Pour the egg mixture over the broccoli, cheddar, and bacon and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the casserole is set and lightly golden brown on top.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before slicing. Sprinkle with fresh parsley and serve immediately. Enjoy!
Hello! All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. Thank you!
Find More Recipes Like This One:
Use our recipe index page to find more recipes. You might also like to Follow Food For Fought on Pinterest to see all the recipes I’m sharing there.
If you want the nutritional information for a recipe, I recommend entering the recipe into this nutrition analyzer, which will calculate it for you.
If you make this recipe, snap a pic and hashtag it #fffrecipes — We love to see your creations on Instagram, Facebook, & Twitter!
NEVER MISS A FOOD FOR FOUGHT CREATION:
**Did you make this recipe? Don’t forget to give it a star rating below!**